Sacred cows taste better.


Monday, July 27, 2020

What Now, Wursthaus? Sci Fi!


I've done a lot of debunking over the last couple of weeks. And I plan to continue doing so. But I have to be honest, these type of posts do very little for me except make me angry. When I left Christianity years ago, I literally sacrificed it all. I lost my whole social circle, my chosen career as a minister, everything. I did this for the sake of Truth. For me, Truth is worth more than anything. Anything! I'm very well aware that if I were to re-commit myself to Christ, renounce atheism and write a book, I could go on tour and retire a very, very rich man in only a few years! I would have the vocal volume I crave in the public media. But then, what would I say, except bullshit?

So, when I look at the silly people on Fox, or PragerU, or OAN, or any other right-wing spin-city, I can't help but get really pissed. These deluded sheep would have to give up very, very little to embrace Truth, yet they don't. Somehow, they remain committed to obvious, obvious bullshit in the face of staggering evidence to the contrary. Fucking why?! Shit, I sacrificed everything! What's their excuse?!

As such, I'm going to occasionally shift topics. It's time for science fiction! Years ago, I started using this blog to publish my debunking of creationist nonsense, and that didn't garner me any additional friends, but it was fun. So that's what I'm going to do again - have fun. Because if it's not fun, what's the point?

I hope you'll be willing to have fun with me on this blog. If you're a fan of sci fi, welcome aboard. If you're only here for the political stuff, well, you may want to skip the geek postings.


Time to boldly go to a galaxy far, far away...


Eric

*


No comments: